Skype
Coolasp1e

Sonic 3 - Head Above Water (Hydrocity) Sonic 3 - Head Above Water (Hydrocity)

I must say, this version of Hydrocity is really neat! I love the fact that you even added in lyrics and a nice slow style beat to it. I love remixes like this, and yours really sold it to me. It sounded original while also sounding like Hydrocity. My only gripe about it is the drums. I would suggest getting something just a little clearer, the samples you use sound very static-y and overall just slightly ruins the piece. However, the rest of the track sounds awesome, especially the little seagulls and ocean sounds. 4/5 From me. Came from: R4R.

PaulyBFromDa303 responds:

Hey thank you very much for that! My objective every time is to remain similar while also unique. I did have a slight problem with the drums, but its not just the drums, it's distortion balance, all throughout. Truth is, I'm using a program so retro (Cakewalk Kinetic 1, 2004) that some controls are super sensitive an d registration is very differential. For instance, in order to make everything balance with the rest of the song, the drums you hear here are at 52% Distortion Gain. At 53% it was way too overwhelming, but at 51% you'd get no bass whatsoever. Its odd. I am still trying to learn how to balance it out. Perhaps there's some detail I'm overlooking.

Thank you again for an honest review! I'm definitely taking this to the future

FWLR - Who's Dis FWLR - Who's Dis

This is an amazing song! Idk why it doesn't have WAY more views! Keep up the good work! ;3

And rip GD xD

THIS IS A GEOMETRY DASH SONG XD THIS IS A GEOMETRY DASH SONG XD

Alrighty, this beginning is pretty cool. with the mix of synth and strings! Pretty nice if I say so. Nothing really much to say about it. The chords are good.

The transition isn't really... well, nice. Yes, it isn't in your face, but you'd have to listen to it a few times to realize it is one. However, this is video game style. I give you a pass for that xD

In fact, instead of reviewing this song, I'll just listen to it. It's so calming and relaxing but at the same time, it's got a boss-fighty feel to it. Some of the transitions do overpower the mix a little. And that note transition at 1:50 kinda throws me off.

The good: The drums are good. And that piano! Beautiful! You can add some velocity to make the piano sound more natural, but other than that good! And the guitar is not too overpowering. And that pause is just soo sick. And the cutting of melodies. Beautiful in my opinion.

The bad: Some of the chords really don't match right. Maybe that's what you were going for, not sure. Some transitions and leads can take over everything sometimes. Mainly just a lil mixing problem, easy to fix.

Good job, you get a 4.5/5! If you want a full scale review chart and what you need to do,PM me or just comment back saying you want that xD

Mainly, just mix and master a little better and make some adjustments and you've got some quality VG music right here.

MysteriousPresence responds:

Aw thanks for that kind and helpful review ! <3
Yeah I love mixing electro and orchestral stuff, it's kinda my motto.
I tried something quite new for this transition, but I'm not a fan either. :P
I totally missed 1:50, I don't even know why I did that ! X)
Got that advice on velocity ! ;)
Well to be honest it's a really great review ! Maybe the only thing I would like to know is what pause are you talking about, and what not matching-chords ?
Thanks again friend ! I luv u ! <3

Into The Rave Into The Rave

Needs more bass, some cleaning up on the synths, that ending is a bit weird, the bass "drop" took a little long to get to, and there was sadly only one of them, the actual part is copied and pasted with no variation (Only good in some cases), The changes at :54 are random with no signal that they're coming, would advise a sudden drum dropout and then put in the changes and the drums, the entire thing feels like it has no rhythm, nothing to bounce to, the composition is nice, and the main melody is pretty interesting.

I've been tough, but I see a lot of potential. Keep it up! :)

SimplyGaming24 responds:

Thank's for your help! :)

Twitterpated Twitterpated

Start: Interesting way of starting your piece with an acoustic guitar, which I admit sounds awesome. The drums sound pretty nice in that section. Nice chords that fit well with eachother. And the hints of the electric guitar that comes after this section sounds epic, giving us a look at what we'll be listening to. However, whilst all the instruments sound amazing, the actual tone this is supposed to be setting (Dubstep) isn't there. (More on that later) From an aesthetic point of view, this is great, needs some sidechain, otherwise Nice!

Drop...?: I really dont know what to call this. It's got an interesting feel, more Dubstep-like this time around. I really feel this needs... something else. It's got everything you'd really need except for maybe a synth? Everything aesthetic doesn't tell me Dubstep, maybe a bassline or two would help. I'd like to point out however that the electric guitar does sound a bit iffy, and could use a little cleaning up. That's my opinion. Otherwise, nice slow and happy composition, and great sounds.

Composition: 5/5
Aesthetic: 4/5
Tone: 3/5

Overall: 4/5

While although you get some things you wanted, you didn't get the Dubstep part. Dubstep normally includes 2 drops, and filthy bassline. I recommend you look at a guy called NightKilla, he's all about Dubstep, and maybe you could learn some things from him. Otherwise, nice piece, good and soothing. ;3

Ceevro responds:

Yeah, classification is always a bitch, isn't it? I'm just not sure what I should be calling this. The 'dubstep' classification basically came from the folder title of the audio library I used for the samples, though I freely admit I used house and hip-hop percs. Other than that, I just played what I thought sounded right.

As for the electric guitar sounding iffy...well...uh...that was an improv solo played in a single take. There's just gunna be errors in that kind of playing. I'm good, but not good enough to play a flawless solo on the fly!

Thanks for the review! I'll do more research into dubstep, 'cause I think it's got some great sounds that I wanna capitalize on.

Absolutely not i say Absolutely not i say

I wonder how in the world you haven't been scouted

TechnicaGmd responds:

idea

Metal Slug 3: Mission 4 &amp;quot;Desert&amp;quot; Remastered Metal Slug 3: Mission 4 "Desert" Remastered

Nothing much I can say, except for a few things:

Trumpets need to be a little echo-y, it's just a little thing. and make them a little less loud.

I really loved the structure on this one. However, a little melody change would be a little nice in the middle/end of the song.

Other than that everything is good!

JonMan94 responds:

That might be the delay/chorus I added on that track, but even then I've been listening to it today over other sources (In my car, from my phone, laptop, etc...) and I'm already going to be reworking the mix from the ground up (for the second time) because I've noticed some issues that I'm not happy with:

1) Kick and Snare are buried in mix, cymbals are too loud and harsh

2) hi-hats are buried, ride cymbal is annoyingly cutting from open speaker sources (I noticed this in my car especially)

3) Guitars are slightly too quiet, but the bass is fine, just needs to be slightly louder

4) Trumpet Lead and Brass Leads are washy, "blurred" in mix (no definition between notes).

I am planning to do the 3rd Mission theme (The Midnight Wandering) as well, and since Youtube is my primary release area, I'm definitely going to be holding back on releasing them until I can get the mix right.

Thanks for the scouting and the review! Your're the first one who's ever done this.

[The Other Dream] [The Other Dream]

This is by far your best piece

Keep going down this road. Try not to make everything the same. Don't repeat a lot.

And I may use one of your songs in GD

NekrosisGD responds:

Thanks a lot man.
And yes you can use my songs in gd.

Three Heart Shaped Pixels Three Heart Shaped Pixels

Basically a revised Stereo Madness... Okie

5TanLey responds:

believe me or not, I have never heard the song before :

The Chase (Is On) *2.0* The Chase (Is On) *2.0*

Repitition is gonna be your bitch, I know. In the beginning, too much of it. Key changes were pretty good. Try to factor in some good bass as well. Other than that, pretty awesome!

DJ-CJ-Doty responds:

Thanks for the info! I'll keep that in mind. :)